Sunday, July 28, 2013

Como Park Zoo

I have lived in MN my whole life and had never been to the Como Zoo. For some reason field trips always took me to the Minnesota Zoo. We had a free weekend so we figured we would check it out. They have parking all over the place, along with a free shuttle from the State Fair grounds. If you get there early enough, you can park on the grounds. When I say early, I'm talking within the first hour of it opening.

As far as zoo's go, this one was good for it's variety of different animals, but it lacked the space for the animals themselves. The gorilla enclosure seemed spacious and it looked like they did a lot to keep them entertained. Right across from them is a zebra enclosure that was more of a coral. Because the zoo is free to the public, it relies a lot on donations and therefore has limited resources to make it more like home. Keeping this all in mind, my daughter and I still had a great time. We were finally able to see the trifecta (liens and tigers and bears) all in one zoo.

Because of the way the zoo is laid out, you can see a lot of the animals without glass in between you or a fence. This can be kind of cool but kind of scary at the same time. It made for some good pictures though. It was fun to see some of the animals that you don't normally get to see at the MN Zoo.




No comments:

Post a Comment